ESA BIC BRNO
A space for your stellar ideas
ESA BIC Brno is a space incubator supporting innovative startups in the following areas:
- Use of space technologies, systems, and satellite data (downstream) on the surface of Earth;
- Development of technologies to be used in the space industry (upstream).
For three years, up to nine Czech startups based outside of Prague will be given an opportunity to find any use for space technologies in our everyday lives. For 2020, three places are still open.
The ESA BIC aims to support the development and further growth of new businesses as well as the development of products with a large added value. The ESA BIC is an international network currently consisting of incubators from 20 European countries, and it works under the European Space Agency (ESA), as its name suggests. Every year, over 180 companies are supported across Europe. In the Czech Republic, the ESA opened its first incubator in Prague in 2016, operated by CzechInvest. In March 2018, the ESA BIC branch was opened in Brno, where it offers its services to Brno-based companies.
As a guarantor of the program and with the financial support of the South Moravian Region, JIC ensures that the applicants receive an incubation packet consisting of consultation services related to technologies and business. The startups will also have marketing support at hand or can request help in searching for partners and potential investors.
Who are we looking for?
- Startups established less than 5 years ago
- Innovation companies
- Spin-off companies
What can you gain from the project?
- 50,000 euro
- Up to 2 years of incubation
- Comprehensive consulting
- Favourable rent
- International PR
What support do we offer?
- Technical support during product development
- Consulting support for the development of the business
- Effective networking in a vibrant community
- Administrative support
Why ESA BIC Brno?
- 15 years of experience supporting businesses
- Network of contracted, accredited mentors and coaches
- Ecosystem interconnecting small and midsize businesses with universities, investors, and corporations
How demanding is it to prepare?
- Contact Markéta Filipenská from ESA BIC Brno (please see below)
- Describe your business plan
- Wait for the open call
- Submit your application
Get in touch with us
Any questions concerning ESA BIC Brno? Would you like to apply? Contact Markéta Filipenská.