The international project SMART FRAME initiates cooperation in the area of support of SMEs focused on sectors with high potential for the future competitiveness of the participating regions. Modern industrial technology has been defined as the most promising: materials, surfaces, technology-focused processes, measurement (sensor/actuator) and integration of these technologies into products and production.
A total of 7 partners from Austria, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary will work on the project. The project partners are key national and regional players in the region of Central Europe involved in the above-mentioned.
- ecoplus. Lower Austria Business Agency GmbH (St. Pölten, AT)
- PROFACTOR GmbH (Steyr-Gleink, AT)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT, Eggenstein-Leopoldhafen, DE)
- Lower Silesian Innovation and Science Park S.A. (DPIN, Wroclaw, PL)
- JIC, association of legal entities(Brno, CZ)
- Institute of Electron Technology (ITE, Warsaw, PL)
- Computer and Automation Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Budapest, HU)
- Strengthening of currently existing technology-oriented SMEs,
- Increasing the number of technology-oriented SMEs through a strong and attractive framework of technology links and innovation networks supporting research, technology and cooperation in areas with high potential.
- Creating know-how hubs
- Launching supranational R&D cooperation
- Improve regional strategy for attracting foreign investment
- Improve processes for creating spin-offs
- Project start date: May 2011
- Project end date: April 2014
- Total length: 36 months
- Total project budget: 2,016,309 EUR
- JIC project budget: 233,147 EUR
This project is implemented through the Central Europe programme, which is co-financed by the ERDF.