JIC STARCUBE introduces 10 finalists
27. 8. 2015
This autumn five Czech and five foreign teams will kick off their IoT and ICT Security projects. The interest of foreign teams is the largest in history of the accelerator. Projects from Australia and Africa will be introduced for the first time as well.
Which projects were selected as the most interesting?
- Australian team Clixx.IO, which is developing a new generation of hardware and software development environment for IoT, which allows combining individual computer components like Lego
- Feem WiFi, project from Cameroon can quickly and securely transfer files between different devices and offers an alternative to the cloud, Bluetooth and other well-known platforms
- Estonian startup Dronee offers easily programmable drones through the open-source software
- Another Estonian team, ESEC Solution – Secure Design can protect websites that cannot afford administrator guarding safety on a daily basis
- Tap4Parking is Polish application using smart cameras, through which are drivers navigated to reserved parking space
- Application from Prague Pillmo, which helps users organize health issues - it times the proper dosage of drugs, keeps an eye on their mutual contraindications and reminds preventive examination
- Team from Zábřeh EASYCON has prototype of affordable and user-friendly interface for each wireless device in smart home
- Brno team FlowUp creates a platform for easy communication between town hall and citizens
- Security Feed aggregates sources of information about internet threats to effectively protect systems against malware and phishing, and offers open and cost-effective solutions in comparison with existing black boxes
- Grizly Security can secure an existing web information systems through a two-step verification
Teams are getting ready for an intensive three-month program that begins with a common Bootcamp on 8 September. The next month, JIC STARCUBE Space will become their new home, where they will participate in individual modules focused on finance, law, marketing and UX. New prototyping devices including 3D printers are also available, thanks to the key partner of accelerator, Y Soft.