Enterprise Europe Network
The Enterprise Europe Network is the largest European network focused on providing support services and information for the development of innovative entrepreneurship and competitiveness, especially in SMEs. The Enterprise Europe Network operates in 47 countries (every EU member state, as well as Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Israel, South Korea, China and the USA) and has more than 580 partner organisations at local level. This European Commission initiative provides businesses with a single contact point to which they can turn with specific issues and take advantage of a wide range of easily accessible business support services. Further information can be found directly on the website of the European Commission.
On the 1st January 2008, the Czech part of the network began the project BISONet (Business Innovation SuppOrt Network for the Czech Republic), which was implemented by a consortium of eleven partners coordinated by the Technology Centre AV ČR. The JIC as a network partner provides consultancy and services not only for SMEs, but also for research institutes, higher education, technology centres and agencies for the development of entrepreneurship and innovation.
With its extensive expertise and network of contacts it provides practical help in cases where a company is looking for a new business partner in another Member State, a foreign partner for the transfer of technology or advice on how to develop an innovative idea or how to apply for European funding for research. The network can help clients in technical matters, such as intellectual property rights, norms and EU legislation.
The JIC provides services in the following areas to entrepreneurs from the South Moravia region:
- Technology supply and demand (international database, assistance with searching for foreign partners)
- Assistance in technology transfer (within the Czech Republic – the network is a partner of JIC Innovation vouchers, and foreign transfer – processing technology offers, help with searching for suitable partners)
- International cooperation in research and development (information and help for participation in international projects, e.g. the Horizon2020 programme)
- Specialised consultancy (consultancy in the area of protection of intellectual property rights, innovation and innovation management, financing entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Organising meetings with international partners (focused on one or more sectors, the goal of which is to establish contacts and search for partners for international cooperation)
Documents for download:
- Newsletter Enterprise Europe Network
- European support for small businesses
- Promotional material JIC | EEN
- Promotional material EEN
- EEN leaflet 10 tips for entrepreneurs
Network of partners:
- Technology Centre AV ČR (coordinator)
- Business and Innovation Centre - BIC Plzeň
- Centre for Regional Development of the Czech Republic - CRR ČR
- South Moravian Innovation Centre - JIC Brno
- Chamber of Commerce of Moravian-Silesian Region - KHK MSK
- Brno Regional Chamber of Commerce - RHK Brno
Services of the Enterprise Europe Network are funded from the European Union's COSME Programme (2014-2020) under the grant agreement No 879523 and by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the grant agreement No 879521