The JIC is a partner of the ACE project (Accelerating Cross-border Engagement), the aim of which is to encourage the entry of innovative ICT companies into foreign markets within the European Union and to support their growth.
Participation in the ACE project will allow the selected companies to:
- prepare their own internationalisation strategy for selected European markets in cooperation with the JIC and foreign partner projects,
- use the offices and support of foreign partner projects in Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Finland, Sweden, Italy and Portugal,
- gain contacts to foreign investors and prepare for meetings with them,
- benefit from the support of experienced foreign,
- gain contacts to other companies participating in the ACE project both in the Czech Republic and abroad,
- gain access to the Living Labs environment, in which users participate in innovation development,
- obtain information about opportunities for funding of international cooperation
The programme can even be completed at distance, with personal consultations with mentors being substituted with interviews over Skype, for example. The logon process is very simple and the possibilities of having a slot are really high.
The JIC is leading the work package, which includes launching the call for potential participants in the programme from the ranks of ICT companies and organising international summits with the participation of various companies and investors. Within the ACE project, the JIC will make use of the experience gained through working with companies from the JIC and the StarCube start-up programme.
The ACE project was supported from the 7th EU framework programme, with ICT thematic priority, to the amount of 2.5 million Euros, from which the JIC received 106 thousand Euros.
The project was initiated on 1st September 2013 and completed on 1st November 2015.
Project partners: EBN (coordinator), Sociedade Portugesa de Inovacao (SPI), European Network of Living Labs (ENoLL), Coventry University Enterprises, Dublin Business Innovation Centre Dublin (BIC), Technoport, JIC, Cap Digital Paris Region, iMinds, Instituo Pedro Nunes (IPN), Forum Virium Helsinki, Ionad Forbartha Gno Teo (WestBIC), Lunds Universitet (Oresund 55 Cluster), Meta Group, WAYRA Deutschland
Further information can be found at www.europeanace.eu.